A playful spin on furnishings adds a sense of fun to stationary goods
Implications - Seeking more convenient methods of play, consumers are turning to furnishings that double as gaming systems. Providing sources of entertainment through convenient household goods, these decor pieces reflect a growing desire to maintain childhood experiences throughout adulthood.
1. Gamification - The trend of gamification is seen in furnishings that double as gaming systems, providing sources of entertainment through convenient household goods and reflecting a growing desire to maintain childhood experiences throughout adulthood.
2. Dual Purpose Furniture - This trend is reflected in furniture that brings underlying competition to otherwise mundane activities, such as foosball feasting furniture, hybrid pool tables, and ping pong conference tables.
3. Upcycling - This trend is seen in the repurposing of vintage pinball machines into desks that infuse youthful energy into the work environment.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can utilize these trends by creating dual-purpose furnishings that incorporate games, unique designs, and repurposed materials to offer playful and functional products.
2. Workplace Innovation - Incorporating play into the workplace can increase engagement and productivity. Business professionals can explore these trends to create innovative workspaces that incorporate elements of fun and play.
3. Entertainment - Businesses within the entertainment industry can consider incorporating these trends into their products, creating unique gaming experiences that integrate furnishings and provide fun for all ages.