The pinball machine desk is made for those who know how to have fun during work hours. Although it may be a distraction for some people, others who simply want to surround themselves with quirky furniture that is endowed with a youthful energy would do well to follow the instructions on Instructables to create their very own pinball machine desk.
Conceived by Tim Sway, an artist based in Wallingford, Connecticut, the pinball machine desk was upcycled from a vintage Charlie's Angels pinball machine. The electrical components removed, a hole was cut on one side and finally a drawer, cabinet and new sheet metal flashing were added. Although it looks like a traditional desk in shape, it is far from typical in spirit.
Artist Tim Sway Upcycles a Classic Arcade Console into a Piece of Furniture
1. Upcycled Furniture - Repurposing vintage items into functional furniture pieces presents an opportunity for unique and eco-friendly designs.
2. Quirky Workspaces - Creating work environments that incorporate playful and unconventional elements can boost creativity and productivity.
3. Youthful Energy in Design - Infusing furniture and office spaces with a youthful and energetic aesthetic can appeal to younger generations.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture industry can explore upcycling as a way to create innovative and sustainable products.
2. Office Design - Companies specializing in office design can incorporate playful and unconventional elements into workspaces to foster creativity and engagement.
3. Vintage Collectibles - The vintage collectibles market can offer opportunities for repurposing nostalgic items into functional and desirable furniture pieces.