As technology evolves, a need for practical power sees the battery redesigned
Implications - Consumers have more smart devices than ever, which require reliable power sources. Innovations surrounding the battery are seeing a rise as concerns regarding sustainability and wattage bring about designs that look to satisfy consumer demand for solutions that will suit devices of today and tomorrow. This ties not just to the ongoing search for portability and convenience, but to a rise in alternative fuels for the environmentally conscious.
1. Alternative Fuel Cells - As concerns regarding sustainability and wattage grow, consumers demand eco-friendly, efficient, and practical power sources from innovative designs that look to satisfy present and future needs.
2. Printed and Flexible Batteries - Wearable technology has brought about the demand for customized and versatile power sources that leverage printing technologies and industrial screen printers on flexible materials.
3. Biodegradable Batteries - As a product of environmental concerns, there is a growing trend towards eco-friendly batteries that are biodegradable, can recycle energy, and do not pose any health risks.
1. Renewable Energy - The industry is shifting towards alternative fuel cells such as biogas, hydrogen, and other renewable sources of energy that offer eco-friendly and practical power sources for the present and future generations.
2. Wearable Technology - The industry looks towards designing power sources that are customized, flexible, and safe for skin contact as the demand for wearable technology grows.
3. Bioengineering - The industry leverages innovations in biodegradable batteries for biomedical implants that can deliver drugs as controlled or respond to time-sensitive events such as epileptic seizures.