The empowerment of young girls rages on in the sports industry
Implications - Though the idea of some sports being "just for boys" is quickly dissipating, girls are still not fully accommodated in the realm of athleticism. Feminized equipment and girl-only sports forward this movement in hopes of not just easing tensions today, but of reshaping the minds of youth to no longer perceive gender as a hurdle in sports and in life.
1. Gender-neutral Sports Equipment - Companies are creating sports equipment that is targeted towards girls, with products that don't have a masculine feel
2. Female-only Sports Events - Marketing and event campaigns are being organized specifically targeting young girls and women in sports
3. Women's Fitness Apparel - Athletic apparel companies are marketing to women and girls with workout clothes that feature feminine designs and patterns
1. Athletic Equipment - Companies could capitalize on creating sports equipment that is gender-neutral
2. Sporting Events and Marketing - There is a demand for more female-only sporting events and campaigns to encourage females to be more active
3. Fitness Apparel - Athletic apparel companies could build out feminine designs catered to women and girls in order to make them feel more empowered