Patriotic symbols urge consumers to buy by evoking feelings of nationalism
Implications - Flags and other nationalistic themes garner societal patriotism, and are appearing more frequently in the advertising and packaging of day-to-day products, from shoes to liquor. Patriotic colors and symbols may appeal to consumers' senses of pride and unity during times of economic or social instability.
1. Patriotic Themes - Flags and other nationalistic themes are being used in the advertising and packaging of day-to-day products, from shoes to liquor, aiming to appeal to consumers' senses of pride and unity.
2. National Pride - Individuals love to express their national pride, as shown through the popularity of the aforementioned products or services that include nationalism, whether it be through political figures or flag-like color schemes, which are likely to see success.
3. Nationalistic Imagery - Various designs incorporating flags and other patriotic imagery can be incorporated into products to be well received by all, even those living outside of the country to which the flag belongs.
1. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods manufacturers and retailers can use patriotic themes to evoke feelings of nationalism in customers and increase sales.
2. Fashion Industry - Fashion designers and retailers can use nationalistic imagery to appeal to consumers' national pride and promote patriotism through clothing or accessories.
3. Entertainment Industry - The entertainment industry can use nationalistic themes to promote a sense of national pride and unity, such as through patriotic films or music.