British Vogue gets nationalistic for their October 2009 issue. Famed fashion photographer Mario Testino captures an all-English cast of models including Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Lily Donaldson and Stella Tennant for the editorial, ‘Brilliantly British’. Fashion Editor Lucinda Chambers was charged with showcasing quintessential British style for the patriotic feature.
All of the editorials featured in the October issue do a little Union Jack flag-waving. With the 25th Anniversary of London Fashion Week just around the corner, this might go a long way in explaining why the October issue of British Vogue gets nationalistic.
British Vogue Gets Nationalistic in October 2009 Issue
1. Nationalistic Fashion - Opportunity for designers and retailers to capitalize on patriotic fashion trends and showcase national pride.
2. Celebrity Casts - Chance to leverage popular and iconic figures in the industry to create impactful and memorable fashion editorials.
3. Event-driven Marketing - Potential for brands to incorporate significant occasions or anniversaries to create contextually relevant marketing campaigns.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can tap into the nationalistic trend and create collections that celebrate local culture and heritage.
2. Photography - Photographers can explore collaborations with fashion brands to create visually striking and memorable nationalistic campaigns.
3. Marketing - Marketers can utilize event-driven strategies to create impactful campaigns that resonate with the target audience.