Cell phone brands revamp retro designs, or choose to market with them
Implications - Tech brands are leveraging the nostalgia associated with some of their old cell phone designs by either incorporating those styles into new phones, or by using those retro models to market their new products. This strategic use of nostalgia fosters a stronger connection between the brand and the consumer, as modern day consumers are increasingly immersed in routine tech that is no longer novel.
Workshop Question - How can your brand better leverage nostalgia within the brand-customer relationship?
1. Retro Designs - Tech brands are leveraging nostalgia associated with old cell phone designs by incorporating those styles into new phones or by using retro models to market their new products.
2. Revamped 90s Phones - Nokia is bringing back iconic 90s phones with modern updates such as 4G connectivity and access to various apps.
3. Affordable 4G Phones - Mobile companies are filling a market with low cost phones that rarely come with modern upgrades, hoping to bring these upgrades to rural areas.
1. Technology Industry - Tech brands are incorporating retro designs to build stronger connections between the brand and the consumer.
2. Mobile Phone Industry - Mobile companies are bringing back iconic phones with modern updates to appeal to nostalgia-driven audiences.
3. Rural Telecommunications Industry - Mobile companies are releasing affordable 4G phones with modern upgrades to reach the rural area market, where low cost phones are in high demand.