Innovative navigation systems make it easy to get directions & find others
Implications - With their prevalence in smartphones and cars, GPS systems are becoming old news; it is their contemporary counterparts that are receiving more widespread attention. These innovative takes on traditional GPS systems have a wide variety of applications -- from life-saving to friend-finding -- and are making it extremely easy to locate anyone and anything with the touch of a button, and thus changing the way consumers get directions forever.
1. Augmented Reality Navigation - Innovative GPS systems are being equipped with augmented reality that provides real-time feeds of the road ahead and location-based information, changing the way consumers navigate and drive.
2. Indoor Navigation - Maps and navigation systems are being developed specifically for indoor facilities, such as museums, hospitals and amusement parks, allowing easy navigation within buildings without the need for GPS.
3. Real-time Tracking and Communication - Technology that uses GPS and related technologies for real-time tracking and communication is being developed for various applications such as for personal safety and friend-finding.
1. Navigation and Mapping Technology - Companies that provide navigation and mapping technology solutions for consumers and businesses would benefit from investing in researching and integrating innovative technologies such as augmented reality and indoor navigation to stay competitive.
2. Personal Safety and Tracking Devices - The demand for products that provide personal safety and real-time tracking options is rising, creating opportunities for businesses that develop and market such products.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Indoor navigation systems are becoming increasingly popular in the tourism and hospitality industry, providing visitors with easy-to-use maps and directions for large facilities such as museums, amusement parks, and resorts.