Smartphone users rely on their smartphones for the most intimate purposes
Implications - Reflective of how mobile technology is integrated in nearly every facet of a consumer's life, mobile dating is beginning to define the way in which people go about their romantic lives. Whether it be photo-based services like Tinder or apps directed specifically at women looking for love, in comparison to online sites, mobile apps have the added value of convenience, making for a more streamlined process.
1. Mobile Dating Apps - Mobile apps are becoming more mainstream, convenient and engaging, providing on-the-go options for people looking for love.
2. Customized Virtual Dating Experiences - Dating apps are using specialized features that cater to individual user preferences like personal health assistance, discreet social networking, and real-time interaction options.
3. Gender-focused and Mobile-optimized Dating Apps - New gender-oriented dating apps are being developed that have a more targeted and customized approach, which could lead to better relationships and more successful outcomes.
1. Healthcare - Innovative apps that provide assistance for personal health, positive lifestyle choices, and overcoming health taboos can create new business opportunities.
2. Social Media - Powerful yet discreet online networking platforms that leverage social media and user data can create new business opportunities for matchmaking and bringing people together.
3. Mobile Technology - There is still considerable scope in the expansive and innovative mobile app industry, which can create new business opportunities and disrupt current business models.