Consumers are drawn to pleasure-driven retail experiences
Implications - Epicurean retail concepts that entice consumers by engaging their innate pursuit of pleasure are emerging to reshape the brick-and-mortar landscape. Whether a multi-sensory in-store event or an opportunity for product education that feels recreational, such concepts marry fantasy and play in a way that opens up the realm of possibility in the mind of the consumer, making it a genuinely pleasurable encounter. This pattern is related to the consumer desire for immersive experiences that help elevate the everyday into the extraordinary.
Workshop Question - What is your product or service's relationship with your consumer's everyday routine?
1. Epicurean Retail Concepts - Stores are now creating immersive experiences that tap into consumer desires for pleasure-driven experiences.
2. Multi-sensory Brand Activations - Brands working with designers and artists to create unique, immersive and memorable experiences to engage consumers.
3. Hybrid Retail Spaces - Designers are creating multi-use spaces that bring events and retail experiences together.
1. Retail Industry - Epicurean retail concepts and multi-sensory brand activations are changing traditional retail experiences.
2. Hospitality Industry - Hybrid retail spaces merge retail with event spaces, providing a unique and memorable experience for consumers.
3. Beauty Industry - Stores are now creating immersive experiences that tap into consumer desires for pleasure-driven experiences.