The online form of idea generating is extended to the interior design market
Implications - Brands are incorporating the opinions of consumers into product ideation and beyond today more than ever, which is reflected in the crowdsourcing of interior design aesthetics. As the demand for product customization intensifies, the crowdsourcing of design places inherent power in the consumer to create something tailored to their desires.
1. Crowdsourcing of Interior Design Aesthetics - Brands are incorporating the opinions of consumers into product ideation and beyond for interior design, as the demand for product customization intensifies.
2. Collaborative Design Competitions - Businesses are empowering individuals to create and vote on designs, from hotels in New York to kitchens in Italy.
3. Platforms for Crowdsourced Decor - Brands are turning to Pinterest and other social media platforms to crowdsource decor for apartments and hotels.
1. Interior Design - As crowdsourcing becomes more popular in the interior design market, firms can use technology to bring consumers' ideas to life with innovative products and services.
2. Hospitality - Collaborative design initiatives like crowdsourced art and shared hotel spaces can leverage the creativity of guests and artists alike, creating unique guest experiences.
3. Digital Marketing - Crowdsourcing platforms on social media can garner an audience of socially engaged customers, driving engagement and interaction with the brand.