Snack food brands integrate elements of social good to convey social awareness
Implications - Seeking to break free of traditionally negative connotations associated with snack food, brands are turning to elements of social good to convey a sense of awareness. Offering fair trade products and sustainable packaging designs, snack food brands are seeking to target consumers on a more conscious level, contributing more than something just to eat.
1. Eco-friendly Packaging - Brands are using eco-friendly packaging designs to target conscious consumers with sustainable options.
2. Fair Trade Products - Brands are emphasizing global influence by creating fair trade products while offering a variety of flavors to target consumers who have dietary restrictions.
3. Celebratory Snack Packaging - Packaging designs that mimic candy wrappers is disrupting traditional snack food packaging, encouraging the perception of healthy snacking.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The food and beverage industry should be aware of how eco-friendly packaging and fair trade products are becoming more popular among consumers who want health whilst keeping track of the environmental impact.
2. Retail Industry - The use of packaging that produces a celebratory feeling is disrupting traditional snack food packaging and could be utilized by retailers to develop innovative package designs for products.
3. Sustainable Packaging Industry - The sustainable packaging industry will significantly gain momentum due to the increasing number of food/beverage companies opting for eco-friendly alternatives to traditional packaging methods.