Twitter is continuing to expand the live video content available through its platform, and #NFLBlitz is another step in that direction. The football talk show, which is produced by the NFL Network, will air exclusively on Twitter every Monday and Thursday night, following those days' games, from the beginning of the season until the Super Bowl.
#NFLBlitz isn't the first show to stream on Twitter, nor is it the first show air exclusively on the social media platform. Other, smaller scale livestreaming shows have used the platform because of its interactive potential. However, the show is the first to be produced by a television network, and it shows the importance that the massive pro sports league places on online engagement. Compared to competitors like the NBA, the NFL has been slow to accept the value of social media, so #NFLBlitz is a step in the right direction.
#NFLBlitz is a Football Talk Show Airing Exclusively on Twitter
1. Live Video Streaming - The success of #NFLBlitz as a live sports talk show streamed exclusively on Twitter demonstrates the potential for other sports leagues and networks to embrace live video streaming on social media platforms.
2. Interactive Social Media Shows - #NFLBlitz highlights the interactive potential of social media platforms for television networks, paving the way for other interactive sports talk shows on Twitter and other social media platforms.
3. Online Engagement for Sports Leagues - #NFLBlitz showcases the importance of online engagement for professional sports leagues, indicating an opportunity for other sports leagues to utilize social media platforms to expand their fan base and drive engagement.
1. Sports Broadcasting - The success of #NFLBlitz on Twitter suggests an opportunity for sports broadcasting networks to explore streaming shows on social media platforms as another avenue for engaging with viewers.
2. Social Media Platforms - The popularity of #NFLBlitz on Twitter highlights the potential for social media platforms like Twitter to become major players in the live streaming of television content, providing new opportunities for advertising and monetization.
3. Professional Sports Leagues - #NFLBlitz serving as a football talk show on Twitter demonstrates an opportunity for professional sports leagues to leverage social media platforms to connect directly with fans and create innovative and immersive fan experiences.