Traditional foods for increased enjoyment and guilt-free consumption
Implications - Traditional, all-American foods, such as fried chicken, are shedding their unhealthy image with organic ingredients and gourmet presentation. Even fast food variations of the popular Southern-style dish become more desirable than their chemically processed counterparts, suggesting that consumers prefer upscale versions of traditional items, rather than focusing solely on convenience or the turn-around time of a product.
Workshop Question - Think of a classic, beloved product in your category. How would you update it with a good-for-you twist?
1. Upscaling Traditional Foods - Traditionally unhealthy foods are being transformed using organic and gourmet ingredients without losing their cultural flavor and identity.
2. Health-conscious Fast Food - Fast food restaurants offering organic and non-processed food as a new niche market.
3. Meat Substitutes - Innovative recipes incorporating plant-based foods to replicate the taste of meat.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Companies heavily involved in food manufacturing should target food preferences without compromising the experience.
2. Vegetarian / Vegan Industry - Companies that offer vegetarian/vegan foods as their niche are more likely to win customers due to healthy eating trends.
3. Processed Food Alternatives - Companies exploring alternative, healthier ingredients for their products have an opportunity to establish themselves in the market.