Rebelling against brands, consumers opt to create natural products at home
Implications - While the price of personal care items isn't exceedingly high, the number of chemicals used to create them is, which is a contributing factor as to why DIY cosmetics are becoming more widespread across North America. Able to naturally customize and create only what they'll use, DIY sundries mark a shift towards penny-pinching consumers who also have particular tastes that prefer their own product made just the way they like it.
1. DIY Personal Care Products - Consumers are shifting towards creating their own natural and customized personal care products at home.
2. Natural and Homemade Skincare - There is a growing trend towards natural and homemade skincare using edible ingredients like coffee, cacao, matcha and avocado.
3. Seasonal Skincare Treatments - People are looking for skincare remedies specific to cold weather, and using ingredients like oat flour, cinnamon, and facial steams.
1. Beauty and Personal Care Industry - Business professionals can explore natural and DIY based product lines, to cater to the growing demand for personalization and natural ingredients.
2. Healthy Eating and Wellness Industry - Companies can explore the usage of edible ingredients in their products, and focus on creating all-natural and organic skincare products.
3. Hospitality and Spa Industry - Spas can offer seasonal, personalized skincare treatments using natural ingredients to cater to the demand for customized and eco-friendly services.