Adult-targeted snack packaging draws inspiration from the lunchbox
Implications - Adults seeking easy snacking solutions appreciate the accessibility of refined ingredients that come packaged in portable packets reminiscent of the lunchbox snacks of their youth. Tapping into the nostalgia-driven market of Millennials entering the workforce, snack brands elevating their offerings with premium ingredients remain cognizant of leveraging classic-yet-convenient packaging of familiar childhood treats that often feature interactive elements for added enjoyment.
Workshop Question - Brainstorm aspects of your brand category that were once beloved but are no longer in use. How could you incorporate that nostalgic feature to improve your current products?
1. Nostalgic Packaging - Elevating snack packaging reminiscent of the lunchbox to attract nostalgia-driven Millennials entering the workforce.
2. Convenient Snacking - Investing in convenient snacking solutions that offer easy-to-carry and portable mini-sized meal options for consumers.
3. Product Hybridization - Manufacturing companies combining multiple snack items in one container to provide variety and nutritional balance for consumers.
1. Food Packaging - Innovative packaging plays a critical role in elevating the snacking experience and solving consumer challenges of portability and convenience.
2. Snack Foods - Companies exploring the intersection of nostalgia-driven packaging and premium ingredients to make snack products more appealing to adult consumers.
3. Dairy Industry - Manufacturers are blending fruit and whipped cheese to innovate and differentiate themselves particularly from producers of non-dairy plant-based protein products.