Consumers search for collective audio experiences
Implications - The ubiquity of personal devices has made listening to music an often isolated experience. While this system might be perfect for daily commutes, consumers continue to crave a way to share their musical tastes and preferences. Products designed to encourage this approach to music reflect a consumer desire for communal experiences and a way to share content.
1. Social Audio - Consumers crave for communal experiences to share their music taste
2. Location-based Music Suggestions - Beacon technology powers Shazam's recommendations for more personalized and context-based content delivery
3. Sociable Bluetooth Headphones - Music sharing headphones make listening to music a collective experience using an accompanying app while allowing customization such as color-changing feature
1. Mobile Audio Streaming - Companies in the mobile audio streaming industry can focus on creating products and services that encourage social and communal listening experiences.
2. Audio Hardware - Audio hardware manufacturers can focus on consumer's social needs while listening to music by designing headphones that incorporate social experiences through Bluetooth connectivity and customization such as color-changing feature
3. Location-based Services (LBS) - Companies in the LBS industry can emulate Shazam's use of beacon technology to add more personalized and context-based content delivery across various industries such as entertainment and event marketing.