Bars adopt novelty features to lure social media-obsessed consumers
Implications - Putting the focus on a memorable experience rather than the goods offered, bars are adopting novelty themes and gimmicks to offer consumers a more boast-worthy time. Leaving consumers with a story to tell others through social media, this shift signifies importance of virtual clout to a younger generation.
1. Gamification - Gamification of experiences can make them more memorable and shareable on social media.
2. Novelty Themes - Adopting novelty themes or gimmicks can differentiate a business and attract social media-obsessed consumers.
3. Robotics - Robotic servers and bartenders, like the Yura drone, present disruptive innovation opportunities in the food-service industry.
1. Hospitality - Novelty themes, gamification, and robotic servers can differentiate bars, restaurants, and hotels to attract social media-obsessed consumers.
2. Entertainment - Gamification of experiences can enhance the entertainment industry and create more shareable experiences.
3. Technology - The rise of robotics presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the food-service industry.