Establishments reinvent their leftover food products for various causes
Implications - The leftover foods the restaurants accumulate is now being repurposed to waste-reduction causes and initiatives for homeless people, offering a relatively simple solution to the huge issue of food waste. This shift comes as businesses look to alter their practices to better suit their customers' value-based needs, while ensuring either limited commitment, or a cost or marketing benefit on their own end.
Workshop Question - What are some simple solutions that your brand can use to address its customers' values?
1. Food Waste Reduction - Businesses are implementing solutions to reduce food waste and repurpose leftover food products.
2. Zero Waste Restaurants - Restaurants are utilizing recycled materials and composting to achieve zero waste goals.
3. Pay-what-you-can Initiatives - Businesses are establishing pay-what-you-can models to increase affordability and reduce food waste.
1. Food & Beverage - Companies in the food and beverage industry can explore waste reduction and repurposing initiatives to meet sustainability goals and customer demand.
2. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can look towards implementing zero-waste practices and pay-what-you-can models to increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
3. Retail - Grocery stores and other retailers can leverage food waste reduction efforts to increase social responsibility and attract environmentally conscious customers.