Consumers express affection through digital gift giving
Implications - Though brands are becoming familiar with the marketing tactic of awarding consumers via social media, the development of consumer-to-consumer digital love is just beginning. While online apps and games are often sponsored by companies as part of their marketing efforts, online gift-giving relies on real peer-to-peer appreciation and also makes generosity accessible to everyone—not just those who can afford it.
1. Digital Gift Giving - Consumers are beginning to develop online gift-giving as a peer-to-peer platform that relies on real appreciation.
2. Personalization Through Customization - Consumers enjoy making personalized greeting cards and limited edition items because it satiates their desire for one-of-a-kind items.
3. Social Media Gifts - Brands have developed social media gift-giving as an innovative way to purchase products, gift cards and a way to wish loved ones a happy holiday.
1. E-commerce - Brands need to adopt innovative ways to sell their products online, considering social media sentiment and the economy is becoming an increasingly cashless world.
2. Marketing - Personalized messaging is the next stage in innovative marketing and reaches consumers in a profound way.
3. Digital Advertising & Development - As traditional methods of advertising become crowded and disruptive, digital advertising strategies require more engaging and interactive elements.