Brands position themselves as stakeholders in consumer health
Implications - Rather than engaging consumers to adopt healthy habits in order to access free merchandise, brands are using programs that incentivize wellness as a means to proving their amiability. By establishing themselves in the mind of individual consumers as a partner in the pursuit of health and happiness, brands are able to position themselves as necessary catalysts in the process of positive change, which encourages trust and loyalty.
Workshop Question - How can you align yourself with your customer to appear as an ally on their personal journey?
1. Incentivized Wellness - Brands and insurance companies are offering incentives to encourage people to pursue and maintain healthy lifestyles.
2. Exercise-rewarding Apps - Apps and programs are leveraging rewards to promote exercise and healthy habits.
3. Smart Devices Incentivizing Health - Companies are using smart devices, such as toothbrushes and wearables, to incentivize healthy behaviors.
1. Health and Wellness - Companies in the health and wellness industry can benefit from incorporating incentivized wellness programs to promote healthy living.
2. Insurtech - Insurtech companies can leverage incentivized insurance rewards programs to promote wellness and preventative care.
3. Retail - Retailers can offer incentives to promote healthy behaviors and wellness-friendly activities, while also driving sales.