Nutrient-rich kombucha is being infused into skincare products
Implications - The large quantities of probiotics found in kombucha beverages are piquing interest in the skincare world, and the fermented tea-based beverages are now being infused into skin treatments. The benefit of this shift is the automatic association that the term "kombucha" has with "health," giving consumers an easily identifiable marker while offering am easily marketable point of distinction for brands that are offering kombucha skincare.
Workshop Question - How can your brand adopt a popular emerging trend in an adjacent industry?
1. Probiotic Skincare - The incorporation of probiotics in skincare has become more popular, with companies like Gallinée offering products rich in probiotics and prebiotics, opening up opportunities for brands to explore topical applications for these microorganisms.
2. Stick Format Personal Care - Consumers with on-the-go lifestyles are turning to personal care products in stick formats, creating disruptive innovation opportunities for brands looking to offer mess-free, travel-ready options like Milk Makeup's solid toner sticks.
3. Kombucha Infused Products - Kombucha's association with health has extended beyond beverages, with skincare brands like Fresh and Naturopathica incorporating the nutrient-rich fermented tea into facial treatments and masks, presenting opportunities for other brands to leverage this ingredient as a marketing point of distinction.
1. Skincare - The skincare industry has already seen an influx of probiotic and kombucha-infused products, opening up possibilities for more brands to explore these areas for product development and consumer education.
2. Personal Care - Personal care brands can capitalize on the trend of stick-format products, creating more options for consumers who value convenience and mess-free application in products ranging from deodorants to skincare items.
3. Beverage - As kombucha has proven to be a potent ingredient in skincare, there is an opportunity for beverage brands that produce this tea to partner with personal care brands for co-branded product launches that bridge the two industries.