Brands illustrate freshness with farmer's market-inspired retail concepts
Implications - As consumers grow increasingly concerned with the quality and origin of their food, brands are evolving to respond with immersive food retail concepts that imitate luxurious department store layouts. Also speaking to the consumer desire for customization, intricate supermarket concepts aim to remind individuals of a farmer's market experience, with which they associate freshness and sustainable practices.
Workshop Question - Design your own retail concept, what does this look like? Consider aesthetic, tech, layout, staff etc.
1. Immersive Food Retail Concepts - Retailers are providing immersive, educational in-store experiences that build on the consumers' relationship with the product.
2. Rustic Market Design - Rustic market design features wooden shelves that are suspended by chains. These shelves are hung in the center of the shop and act as a focal point for the entire store.
3. Sampling Products Before Purchase - Cheese+Provisions provides a more interactive way for customers to learn about Denver's cheese-making community by allowing them to sample products before purchase.
1. Grocery Retail - Grocery retailers have an opportunity to create immersive, educational in-store experiences that build on the consumers' relationship with the product.
2. Interior Design - Interior design professionals have an opportunity to create rustic market designs that feature wooden shelves that are suspended by chains as a focal point for the entire store.
3. Local Vendors - Local vendors have an opportunity to showcase their products in an interactive way that allows customers to sample and learn about their hand-selected offerings before making a purchase.