Sharp and origami-like designs pervade fashion accessories
Implications - Throughout the years, geometry has been prevalent in fashion design, with apparel taking on sleek, origami-like proportions. Now, designers are turning to jewelry and accessories, infusing rings, earrings, necklaces and more with accents that are inspired by triangles, cubes and other sharp shapes. This geometric direction centers on the futuristic as well as the fundamental -- drawing on math to create precision in design -- and can be extrapolated to other industries such as housewares, furniture, tech design and more.
1. Geometric Jewelry and Accessories - Designers are turning to jewelry and accessories, infusing rings, earrings, necklaces and more with sharp shapes and futuristic and fundamental accents, drawing on math to create precision in design.
2. Origami Fashion and Art - Origami paper art is being used in the fashion world to produce original shoots that are interesting to look at, with diverse manifestations in housewares, furniture, tech design and more.
3. Math-inspired Fashion - New designs are utilizing mathematical beliefs to create stylish scarves and other fashion accessories with bold patterns, while also experimenting with three-dimensional charm and futuristic flair in bold jewelry pieces.
1. Fashion Industry - There is an opportunity for the fashion industry to incorporate more geometric and origami-inspired designs in their products to cater to the growing demand for precision and unique aesthetics.
2. Tech Design Industry - The use of mathematical concepts offers an opportunity for innovation in the tech design industry, exploring new ways of creating products with precision and a futuristic edge.
3. Housewares and Furniture Industry - The prevalence of geometric and origami-inspired designs in jewelry and fashion calls for the exploration of new design possibilities in housewares and furniture, creating bold and unique pieces with precision and a futuristic flair.