Animal-inspired shoes take on literal interpretations
Implications - Fashion consumers have always loved animal-inspired designs. In the past, the styles have usually hovered on subtle inspirations such as animal skin prints and textures, but now, designers are going literal, especially when it comes to footwear. These eccentric pieces feature everything from paw print and hoofed soles to crocodile-shaped heels. Consumers today are more daring when it comes to their fashion choices, which means that creations can be as literal -- and as bizarre -- as designers choose.
1. Literal Animal-inspired Designs - Designers are taking animal-inspired designs to a literal level, with shoes featuring paw print and hoofed soles, crocodile-shaped heels, and even shoes with recognizable animal anatomy.
2. Hand-painted Footwear - Hand-painted footwear is becoming increasingly popular with designers like Nora Karen creating one-of-a-kind shoes with intricate and bedazzled designs.
3. Custom Rubber Soles - Artists like Maskull Lasserre are outfitting shoes with custom-made rubber soles that leave behind animal prints, potentially offering disruptive innovation opportunities in the footwear industry.
1. Fashion Industry - The trends towards literal animal-inspired designs and hand-painted footwear could be further explored by fashion designers and manufacturers.
2. Art Industry - Artists like Kobi Levi and Maskull Lasserre are using shoes as a canvas to create wearable pieces of art, disrupting the traditional idea of what footwear should look like.
3. Customization Industry - The popularity of hand-painting and custom-made rubber soles in footwear could be a signal for a growth opportunity in the customization industry.