Sharing awkward life moments to bond with strangers
Implications - Once feared, embarrassing moments have been transformed into sources of comedic entertainment online; in fact, some people are even creating awkward situations for the sake of amusing others. Bringing reality schadenfreude to an accessible level is an enticing way to lure consumers of the Internet generation.
1. Reality Schadenfreude - Embracing embarrassing moments and sharing them online has become a way to bond with others, opening up a new type of accessibility and entertainment for consumers.
2. Cult of Irony - Ironic humor in modern society is changing, and businesses can profit from this by incorporating this type of humor into their products or campaigns to better relate to customers.
3. Defying Stereotypes - Humor can be an effective way to defy stereotypes, and businesses that contradict these stereotypes can attract and connect with consumers in a unique and memorable way.
1. Advertising - Incorporating humor into ad campaigns can make for a memorable and effective advertisement strategy.
2. Entertainment - New accessibility and entertainment is opening up for consumers interested in sharing and bonding over their awkward experiences.
3. Fashion - Stereotypes and ironic humor can be effective in attracting consumers to a specific fashion aesthetic.