Apps and devices that alert consumers of surrounding dangers
Implications - Technological developments are making it easier than ever before to avoid unsafe situations. DIY detection apps, tools and devices designed to help consumers recognize hazardous situations, such as the existence of poison, fire or radiation, are gaining ground in the marketplace as more consumers take safety into their own hands.
1. Smartphone Hazard Detectors - The development of apps and devices that detect potential hazards such as explosives or radiation using magnetic fields, geiger counters, and cameras on smartphones.
2. Illness Tracking Via Social Media - The rise of online illness detectors that scan social media networks to track infectious diseases and allow for sickness forecasting using algorithms on publicly available information.
3. DIY Detection - The increase of DIY detection apps, tools, and devices for consumers to recognize hazardous situations such as poison, fire, or radiation.
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can benefit from the increase in illness tracking apps and tools that help detect outbreaks and initiate preventative measures.
2. Smartphone Technology - Smartphone technology companies can take advantage of the trend of developing apps and devices that detect potential hazards, such as explosives and radiation using magnetic fields and geiger counters in smartphones.
3. DIY Products - The DIY industry can benefit from the trend of DIY detection apps, tools, and devices for consumers to recognize hazardous situations such as poison, fire, or radiation.