Foods that condense entire meals into smaller forms offer more convenience
Implications - Food that condenses an entire other meal into a small, more convenient form is selling well. Fitting together flavors in a compact way, these innovations are not only interesting, but appear to have more value by integrating more ingredients.This approach to food not only affects the culinary industry, but suggests that consumers are open to condensed, convenient products of all types.
1. Convenience Food - With consumers seeking ways to save time, food that is quick and easy to prepare underpins this trend, creating opportunities for new product development.
2. Ingredient Mixing - Using ingredients from one meal and converting them into another offers a new and exciting culinary experience, encouraging consumers to experiment with their options.
3. Combining Breakfast and Lunch - Combining elements of breakfast and lunch to create breakfast sandwiches and brunch options allows consumers the opportunity to try something new and exciting.
1. Food and Beverage - This industry can capitalize on these trends by creating new products that offer convenience, combine flavors, and offer breakfast-lunch combinations.
2. Hospitality - Restaurants can use these trends to create new and exciting menu options crafted with a relatively simple mix of ingredients to encourage guest to experiment or enjoy something familiar in a new way.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can offer easy-to-prepare products and meal kits that cater to customers’ desire for quick, easy-to-prepare and low-prep meals.