Old-school science takes attention away from modern tech
Implications - Today’s “geek” is typically associated with computers; yet, a wave of interest in science-themed products, campaigns and even fashion spreads is appealing to consumer nostalgia for high-school chemistry class. Ironically quirky, these innovations are perfect for the “geek” who would rather pay homage to a test tube than an iPad.
1. Nostalgia for Science-themed Products - Business professionals can capitalize on consumer nostalgia for high-school chemistry class by creating science-themed products, campaigns, and even fashion spreads.
2. The Popularization of Science and Scientific Geekiness - Companies can create services and products that are in line with the geek lifestyle and attract youth consumers.
3. Deeper Content in Products - Developing designs that feature deeper content in products can appeal to those shoppers who want to be more stimulated by their purchases.
1. Science-themed Products - Industries such as fashion, home decor, and personal electronics can capitalize on nostalgia for science-themed products.
2. Youth Marketing - Marketing teams can target youth consumers by developing products that are in line with the geek lifestyle
3. Home Entertainment and Cookware - Industries such as home entertainment and cookware can develop products with deeper content to appeal to a broader base of consumers.