Cause-related eyewear lets consumers accessorize ethically
Implications - More fashion designers and brands are associating their wares with social causes in a bid to win over socially minded consumers. One area in which this is especially prevalent is eyewear; in particular, sunglasses related to environmental and social issues are increasingly coming to the fore. For consumers, this offers a simple way to contribute to a cause while meeting both fashion and function needs.
1. Cause-related Fashion - More fashion designers and brands are associating their wares with social causes in a bid to win over socially minded consumers.
2. Environmentally-conscious Products - Eyewear related to environmental and social issues are increasingly gaining popularity.
3. Recycling and Upcycling - Companies are utilizing trash and scraps to create new products, such as sunglasses frames.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The trend of social causes being associated with fashion is disrupting the way fashion is produced and marketed.
2. Sustainable Products - The trend of environmentally-conscious and recycled products is disrupting the traditional production methods, and creating new opportunities for sustainable businesses.
3. Eyewear Industry - The trend of eyewear products being associated with social and environmental causes is disrupting the traditional eyewear industry and creating opportunities for innovative and socially responsible eyewear businesses.
5 Featured, 27 Examples:
326,399 Total Clicks
Jul 12 — Dec 12
Consumer Insight Topics: