Embracing bullets as fashionable accoutrements
Implications - In 2009, we discussed the glamorization of weapons in fashion through the proliferation of gun-inspired clothing and footwear. Now, the design direction has narrowed, focusing more on bullets and artillery to accent necklaces, rings and bracelets than overt displays of weaponry. For style mavens and fashion consumers, these subtle yet sassy accents allow for a tough-chick edge without going overboard.
1. Repurposed Weapon Accessories - Fonderie 47's jewelry is made out of AK-47 rifle parts and can have a significant impact on reducing the number of rifles in Africa.
2. Whimsical War-inspired Accessories - Peace Bronze fuses fashion and war weapons in its designs to spread a message of peaceful coexistence.
3. Nail Rings - Nail rings are a creative alternative to traditional nail polish, offering cutting-edge fashionistas a unique way to decorate their nails.
1. Fashion Accessories - The fashion accessories industry can take advantage of repurposed weapon or war-inspired accessories to create unique pieces with a message.
2. Social Entrepreneurship - The trend of using repurposed materials or supporting social causes through fashion accessories creates new opportunities for professionals in social entrepreneurship.
3. Nail Art - Nail rings provide a new dimension to nail art, creating a demand for more creative and innovative ways to decorate nails.