Handicrafts as additional income for penny-pinched creatives
Implications - The recession has inspired many consumers to create their own handicrafts, be it for function or entertainment; some are even turning their art into profit. The advent of handcraft-focused e-commerce communities has allowed anyone to carve out their own creative niche and an additional source of income.
1. Handcraft-focused E-commerce - The advent of handcraft-focused e-commerce communities has allowed anyone to carve out their own creative niche and an additional source of income.
2. Eco-friendly Products and DIY Projects - Many artists have taken it upon themselves to show the world how to be creative and eco-friendly in their home decor or fashion, such as recycling plastic bags for jewelry or creating a lamp out of old screws.
3. Unusual Materials for Fashion Design - Designers are exploring the use of unusual materials such as gloves or zippers to create unique and innovative pieces of wearable art.
1. E-commerce - The popularity of handcraft-focused e-commerce communities offers new opportunities for small businesses or individuals to sell their creations online.
2. Sustainable Fashion - The trend of eco-friendly DIY projects and designers using recycled materials offers opportunities for businesses to market sustainable fashion products or services.
3. Fashion Design - Exploring the use of unusual materials for fashion design offers an opportunity for designers to create unique and innovative pieces that stand out in the market.