Global interest in plant-based eating has inspired many brands and restaurants to introduce a greater number of vegetarian and vegan menu options—including McDonald's, which recently launched the 'Veggie McSpice' in Norway.
The Veggie McSpice introduces a plant-based burger patty that's made with a base of red kidney beans, and blended vegetables like carrots, green peppers and onion. Although the patty on its own is vegan, the burger is served with cheese that may be removed upon request for vegan-friendly ordering.
Vegetarian burger options from McDonald's can also be found in select locations around the world, including South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong and Singapore. As of late, other major fast food chains like Taco Bell and Wendy's have been expanding their menus with increased plant-based options.
McDonald's is Now Serving the Vegetarian-Friendly 'Veggie McSpice' in Norway
1. Plant-based Eating - The growing global interest in plant-based eating is driving brands and restaurants to introduce more vegetarian and vegan menu options, offering an opportunity for innovative plant-based product development.
2. Vegetarian Fast Food - Fast food chains like McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's are expanding their menus to include vegetarian options, creating a demand for innovative vegetarian fast food offerings.
3. Global Expansion of Vegetarian Menus - McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's are introducing vegetarian options in locations around the world, indicating a global trend towards more inclusive menus that create opportunities for international market expansion.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains like McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's are responding to the demand for plant-based options by developing innovative vegetarian menu offerings.
2. Food and Beverage - The growing interest in plant-based eating is creating opportunities for the food and beverage industry to develop and market new vegetarian and vegan products.
3. Restaurant - Restaurants, including fast food chains, are incorporating vegetarian options into their menus as a response to the increasing demand for plant-based eating, offering a market opportunity for innovative plant-based dishes.