Inspired by his own experiences with bullying, Brandon Boynton has developed The BullyBox app to help prevent mistreatment in schools. The app is meant to provide students with an anonymous way to report bullying to teachers and the administration. Boynton wanted to provide a better alternative to the normal bully boxes in schools that students would take more seriously.
The BullyBox is now being used by 100,000 students in 22 US states, in New Zealand, Spain, France and the UK. Students can download the mobile app for free and schools pay $499 a year for a Pro subscription that provides data analytic reporting and allows students to attach photos as evidence for reports. The BullyBox Pro also gas warning phone calls which are automatically generated when keywords like "gun," "kill," or "bomb" are included in a student report. Boynton's app is effective since teenagers use their phones frequently, making this concept a relevant one.
The BullyBox App Gives Students a Better Way to Report Bullying
1. Anonymous Reporting Apps - The rise of anonymous reporting apps like The BullyBox presents an opportunity for businesses to develop similar platforms for reporting various types of misconduct or abuse.
2. Data Analytics for Bullying Prevention - The use of data analytics in apps like The BullyBox offers potential for businesses to create analytical tools that can help schools and organizations identify patterns and take proactive measures against bullying.
3. Mobile Apps for School Safety - The success of The BullyBox highlights the potential for businesses to create mobile apps that address other safety issues in schools, such as emergency reporting, security alerts, or medical assistance.
1. Education Technology - The adoption of apps like The BullyBox indicates a need for businesses in the education technology industry to develop innovative solutions that address student safety and well-being.
2. Cybersecurity - The rise of anonymous reporting apps presents an opportunity for the cybersecurity industry to provide secure and encrypted platforms that protect the identities and information of the app users.
3. Social Impact - The development and success of The BullyBox app demonstrate the potential for businesses focused on social impact to address important issues like bullying and provide meaningful solutions.