Macallan Scotch has been a fixture in the Scotch world for nearly 200 years but the new Macallan distillery and visitor center aims to change the way in which Scotch is produced and appreciated. Set on a 370-acre estate in Craigellachie, in the heart of the Speyside region, the new distillery was designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and took about six years of planning. The new Macallan distillery boasts its reputation as the preeminent destination for the Scotch industry and was built to be a hub for the brand's future of tradition and innovation.
The massive space is currently equipped with a myriad of interactive experiences, gorgeous views of its 36 copper pot stills and an expansive tasting library of 952 bottles that stretch through Macallan's history back to 1936. The new Macallan distillery will not only serve as a hub for enthusiasts but will also allow the brand to increase production by approximately one third. The space will also draw 95% of its energy from renewable sources, thanks to the nearby Biomass Power Station.
Image Credit: Macallan
The New Macallan Distillery is a Hub for the Entire Industry
1. Sustainable Distilleries - Opportunities for distilleries to integrate renewable sources of energy and sustainable practices in their production process.
2. Interactive Distillery Experiences - Trends in creating immersive distillery experiences that engage and educate visitors using technology and innovation.
3. Scotch Industry Hubs - The rise of centralized facilities that serve as destinations for enthusiasts and as production hubs for industry players.
1. Distillery Tourism - Distillery tourism industry can invest in creating immersive and interactive experiences that showcase their brand's history and production process.
2. Renewable Energy - Opportunities for renewable energy providers to collaborate with distilleries to provide sustainable and cost-effective solutions for energy production.
3. Luxury Spirits - Luxury spirits industry can invest in building centralized facilities that offer a range of interactive and educational experiences to draw in enthusiasts and increase production.