Lyft and Budweiser, one of the world's biggest ridesharing apps and one of the world's biggest beer companies, respectively, have partnered in recognition of the dangerous connection between the two companies' products. Drunk driving is a major public safety concern, and so Lyft and Budweiser will be working with one another to offer free rides in an effort to prevent inebriated people from getting behind the wheel.
Through the deal, Lyft users can get a Budweiser-sponsored $10 coupon for free through the Lyft website. These coupons will be added to Lyft users' credits, however they can only be claimed once per weekend.
The program, which begins September 16 and runs until the end of the year in New York, Colorado, Illinois, and Florida, is expected to provide around 80,000 free rides.
Lyft and Budweiser Have Partnered to Provide Free Rides
1. Anti-drunk Driving Partnerships - Businesses partnering to provide free rides is a trend that showcases disruptive innovation opportunities in the transportation industry.
2. Collaborative Marketing Campaigns - Joint marketing strategies could be a trend that creates disruptive innovation opportunities in the advertising industry.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility Programs - Companies promoting social good could be a trend that promotes disruptive innovation opportunities in the business world.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can adopt this trend, partner with other businesses in their niche, and become the next anti-drunk driving rideshare campaign collaborators, thereby providing disruptive innovation opportunities.
2. Advertising - Advertising companies can form partnerships with brands to create joint marketing campaigns that promote their businesses while engaging in corporate social responsibility initiatives, therefore providing a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Alcohol - Alcohol manufacturers and distributors could partner with ride-sharing companies to promote their products and campaigns while simultaneously engaging in socially responsible initiatives, thereby offering a disruptive innovation opportunity.