With the introduction of a new product line by the name of Incogmeato, MorningStar Farms is diversifying its plant-based portfolio with fully prepared plant-based Chik'n tenders and nuggets, as well as its first ready-to-cook plant-based burger, which will be sold in the refrigerated meat case.
These new products were created specifically for those who are adopting flexitarian eating habits and are reducing their consumption of meat. According to Sara Young, General Manager, MorningStar Farms, Plant-Based Proteins, "About three-fourths of Americans are open to plant-based eating, yet only 1 in 4 actually purchase a plant-based alternative. So, the intent is fully there, but it hasn't necessarily been followed with action." Incogmeato specifically tackles taste and aims to provide a meat-like experience to overcome this barrier.
Incogmeato by MorningStar Farms is set to be introduced to grocery stores and foodservice as of 2020.
Incogmeato by MorningStar Farms Appeals to Flexitarian Consumers
1. Plant-based Alternatives - The rise of plant-based alternatives presents opportunities for innovative companies to cater to flexitarian consumers seeking meatless options.
2. Flexitarian Eating Habits - The growing adoption of flexitarian eating habits opens up a market for products that cater to consumers reducing their meat consumption.
3. Meat-like Experience - Creating plant-based alternatives that mimic the taste and texture of meat provides an opportunity for companies to attract consumers looking for a meat-like experience without actually consuming meat.
1. Plant-based Food Industry - The plant-based food industry can leverage the increasing demand for meatless alternatives by offering innovative products that cater to the needs and preferences of flexitarian consumers.
2. Grocery Retail Industry - Grocery retailers can capitalize on the rising popularity of plant-based alternatives by stocking a wide range of options, including products like Incogmeato by MorningStar Farms.
3. Foodservice Industry - The foodservice industry has an opportunity to incorporate plant-based alternatives into their menus to cater to the growing number of flexitarian consumers seeking meatless options.