Motif FoodWorks debuted the 'Motif MoBeef,' 'Motif MoPork,' and 'Motif MoChicken' plant-based meat products. The company developed these alternative meat products by using both its 'Hemami' technology and its 'Appetex' technology. The resulting products taste and smell nearly indistinguishable from real animal-based meats.
The Motif MoBeef is available in both patty and ground formats, while the MoPork variety comes in ground and sausage format. The MoChicken has yet to be confirmed as this product does not hit the market until roughly 2023. The company believes its alternative meat products will perform well in both foodservice and retail industries due to its complexity. The Hemami and Appetex technology lead to a product that has a satisfying texture and toughness that customers will enjoy, whether they are meat eaters or not.
Image Credit: Motif FoodWorks
Motif FoodWorks Debuted Three Alternative Meat Products for Suppliers
1. Plant-based Meat Products - An increasing demand for plant-based meat options offers opportunities for food companies to develop new products and capture market share.
2. Alternative Meat Technologies - The rise of alternative meat products is driving innovation in the development of plant-based meat technology, creating opportunities for technology companies to invest in R&D.
3. Meat Substitute Market Growth - The growth of the meat substitute market offers a significant opportunity for companies to develop new products and expand into new markets.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The trend towards plant-based meat products presents significant disruption to the traditional meat industry and offers opportunities for innovation and growth in the food and beverage industry.
2. Food Technology Industry - The rise of alternative meat technologies creates opportunities for innovation and disruption in the food technology industry.
3. Retail Industry - As demand for plant-based meat products grows, the retail industry has an opportunity to capture market share by offering a diverse range of products to meet the needs of increasingly health and environmentally conscious consumers.