This house in Toronto is a clever design that was recently done by + tongtong Architects. The Canadian agency wanted to turn the space into a multifunctional abode, so that the residences could use it for everything from events to office space. In the photos it's used mainly for living, but it's nice to know that the entire home could be used for a number of other purposes.
The home is relatively small, and after undergoing a few previous renovations, the owners thought that the traditional elements of the house had been lost. + tongtong Architects came in and restored these traditional elements, while ensuring everything had a modern feel. The main area opens up into the pool section at the back, adding to an air of luxury here.
Photo Credits: designboom, tongtong.co
This House in Toronto by + tongtong Architects is Easily Converted
1. Multifunctional Homes - Homes that can be easily converted into a variety of different spaces for different uses opens up a new market for architectural services.
2. Restoration Design - Incorporating traditional elements into modern designs is an emerging market that can offer a competitive edge to design and construction firms.
3. Luxury House Design - Designing functional homes that are also luxurious and high-end creates opportunities for architects to appeal to clients looking for both form and function.
1. Architecture and Design Services - The demand for innovative architectural and design services that can incorporate multifunctional spaces and traditional elements into modern designs is rising.
2. Luxury Real Estate - Incorporating multifunctional and luxurious design elements into homes is a disruptor in the luxury real estate market.
3. Home Renovation - The demand for the modernization and transformation of existing homes into multifunctional and luxury living spaces is an emerging market for construction and renovation companies.