The Beer GPS proves that if you need to get the attention of people in a partying crowd, sometimes it's as simple as hanging a balloon over your head. The concept works wonders on kids, and as the Brazilian beer company Antarctica found out, it works even better on adults.
The Beer GPS, as sophisticated as it sounds, is in actuality just a blue arrow-shaped balloon that points downwards toward beer vendors. No technology involved. This simple advertising gimmick was employed at a festival in Rio De Janeiro last March and it managed to make Antarctica beer the top-selling alcoholic beverage at the event. Who knew that a silly gimmick from the 80s could work so overwhelming well in the 21st century?
The Beer GPS Rallies Brazilian Crowds to Booze Vendors
1. Balloon Advertising - Leveraging balloons as a unique advertising medium can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies worldwide.
2. Innovative Event Advertising Techniques - Exploring unique and fun event advertising techniques, like the Beer GPS, has the potential to create a more memorable and engaging experience for attendees, drive brand recognition, and increase sales.
3. Simplicity in Advertising - Keeping advertising simple and humorous can be a disruptive innovation opportunity to stand out in today's cluttered advertising landscape.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can explore the use of unconventional materials, like balloons, as a disruptive advertising innovation opportunity.
2. Event Planning and Management - Event planning and management companies can consider using unique, fun and interactive advertising techniques to create memorable experiences for attendees through branding and effective advertising.
3. Alcoholic Beverages - Brands in the alcoholic beverage industry can explore the use of innovative advertising techniques like the Beer GPS balloon to increase sales, create buzz and stand out from the competition.