Adding a challenge aspect to eating, spice is being added to unlikely foods
Implications - Creating a more dynamic and somewhat challenging aspect to foods, spiciness is being integrated into sweet, salty and otherwise predictable food products. Introducing a more complex flavor, this change reflects a consumer desire for novelty and an openness to change when it comes to classic products.
1. Spiced-up Foods - Consumers are increasingly looking for novel tastes that challenge their palates by integrating spicy flavors into traditional foods.
2. Spicy Condiments - Hot sauce, Sriracha, and spicy honey have become more popular as they add a layer of heat and flavor to everyday meals and snacks.
3. Squeezable Spicy Candies - Spicy and exotic candy, such as the Lucas Gusano, are packaged in unique and innovative ways, from squeeze bottles to jelly candies.
1. Food and Beverage - As consumers seek novel tastes and spicier flavors, food and beverage companies can innovate their product offerings to meet these desires.
2. Packaging - New and innovative packaging methods are emerging in the candy and condiment industries, providing consumers with a unique and convenient experience.
3. Retail - Increased interest in spicy or unconventional flavors allows retailers to differentiate themselves by offering specialty condiments and unique candies.