Traditionally rich foods receive a healthy adaptation for light consumptipm
Implications - Despite an increase in healthy eating, getting consumers to completely eliminate certain comfort foods can be challenging, prompting food retailers to cleverly adapt certain meals. Integrating healthy ingredients and organic products to traditionally high-calorie dishes like onion rings and pizza, brands are not only providing a healthier alternative, but also a way for consumers to maintain an element of familiarity.
1. Healthy Comfort Food - Food retailers are adapting traditionally high-calorie dishes with healthy ingredients to provide a healthier alternative while maintaining an element of familiarity creating an opportunity for adapting healthy recipes of traditionally unhealthy comfort foods.
2. Fruit Pizza Trend - Pizza as an inspiration for fruity and dessert versions, inventing flavors like blueberry and beetroot pizza, can create new opportunities for the food and restaurant industry to reinvent snack time or dessert pizzas.
3. Vegetarian and Vegan Food Trend - The growing trend of vegan and vegetarian diets are giving rise to meat-free versions of classic dishes and revolutionizing the fast-food industry. Opportunities are available for restaurants to create meat-free versions of traditional dishes like vegetarian poutine.
1. Healthy Food Industry - The healthy food industry is booming with this trend of adapting traditional high-calorie dishes with healthy ingredients, creating healthier alternatives to classic comfort foods.
2. Pizza Restaurant Industry - With the fruit pizza trend on the rise, the pizza restaurant industry could experiment and create new dessert or fruity-flavored pizzas to keep up with the changing consumer preferences.
3. Fast Food Industry - There is a growing demand in the fast-food industry for vegan and vegetarian food options, and the incorporation of meat-free versions of traditional dishes presents an opportunity for growth with a growing vegan and vegetarian population.