Consumers opt for whole-grain snacks that break convention
Implications - Moving away from conventional bar-form snacks, brands are emerging with healthful refreshments that mix up the format and provide sustenance without processed ingredients or sugary additives. This progression speaks to the reevaluation of priorities that creates an opportunity for brands to embed themselves into the consumers pursuit of health through diet.
Workshop Question - Is there room for your brand to reevaluate priorities in order to better connect with consumers? If so, what would you prioritize?
1. Alternative Grain-based Snacks - Opportunity to innovate healthy snacks using alternative grains such as quinoa, lupini and fermented seeds.
2. Probiotic-infused Snacks - Opportunity to add living organisms, such as probiotics, to snack products to provide a benefit to the body's digestion.
3. Playful Packaging - Opportunity to use colorful, playful packaging designs to spark interest and attract consumers to healthier snack options.
1. Health Foods - The trend towards healthier snack options is disrupting traditional snack market as consumers seek out health food options.
2. Nutritional Supplements - Snacks infused with probiotics and other functional ingredients blur the line between snacks and supplements, potentially expanding market for both industries.
3. Packaged Foods - Playful, colorful packaging designs are a growing trend in the food and snack industry and can have a disruptive impact in the packaged food market.