Classic condiments are being re-branded to reflect a simpler time
Implications - Staple condiments with a long-established presence, like ketchup and mustard, are being sold with packaging that helps brands stand out in a competitive market. Offering a more niche and nostalgic approach to otherwise predictable products, this approach to packaging communicates trust by eliciting a homemade feel.
1. Nostalgic Condiments - Brands are using nostalgic packaging to stand out and communicate trust in otherwise predictable products.
2. Custom Condiment Kits - DIY kits for making your own spreads allow consumers to experiment and create unique, artisanal condiments.
3. Innovative Hot Sauces - Sauces infused with caffeine or inspired by moonshine packaging offer a unique twist on a traditional condiment.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can innovate by revamping traditional products with unique packaging or flavor infusions.
2. Diy/home Kits - Creating DIY kits for making artisanal condiments provides an opportunity in the home and kitchen industry.
3. Marketing/advertising - The use of nostalgic or unique packaging to differentiate products presents an opportunity for marketing and advertising professionals.