Do-Good Virtual Marketplaces for Conscientious Online Shoppers
Implications - When it comes to shopping, making an eco-friendly or socially beneficial decision isn't always easy. Many physical retailers have introduced new product categories and sections in their shops that focus on environmental or social good, but for the busy individual, getting to these specific products (when life pulls them in different directions) can be difficult. Making the consumption of ethical goods easier is the rise of online marketplaces dedicated to social causes ranging from the planet to Third World poverty. Now, conscientious consumers can shop easily and conveniently from the comfort of their own homes or mobile devices, with the assurance that their purchases are for the betterment of society.
1. Socially-conscious Shopping - The rise of online marketplaces and retailers dedicated to social causes has made it easier for consumers to find and purchase ethical and eco-friendly products from the comfort of their own homes or mobile devices.
2. Members-only and Personalized Platforms - Members-only and personalized platforms are reinventing the way in which we shop for sustainable goods, creating a social network with purpose.
3. Benevolent Online Shopping - The concept of shoptivism promotes socially conscious shopping, allowing customers to make informed decisions and support pressing causes while exploring a variety of high-quality items.
1. E-commerce - The rise of socially responsible online marketplaces and retailers is disrupting traditional e-commerce models.
2. Sustainability - Socially-conscious shopping is disrupting traditional notions of consumption and transforming sustainability into a key consideration for consumers and businesses alike.
3. Charitable Giving - Benevolent online shopping and shoptivism are disrupting traditional charitable giving models and allowing consumers to make a difference through their purchases.