Elaborate extras cater to the increasing number of dedicated cyclists
Implications - According to researchers at Rutgers University, from 1990 to 2009, the number of bike commuters increased by 64 percent in the United States. The percentage has only grown since, with more and more people riding their bikes to and from work, school and leisure activities. Thus, the demand for bike accessories is also increasing, spawning an entire market for supplementary bicycling products. These new and innovative bike trimmings meet the needs of the modern rider, ranging from gloves with illuminated turn signals to fashionable cases for the cyclists' tablets and other gadgets.
1. Rising Demand for Bike Accessories - Increasing demand for bicycle accessories spawns an entire market of innovative bike products.
2. Cycling Technology Integration - The cycleccessorizing trend has spurred on a move toward smart technology integration with cycling products.
3. Stylish and Functional Cycling Fashion - Cycling brands have begun to offer stylish and high-performance clothing and accessories that cater to the urban cyclist.
1. Bicycle Accessory Industry - Bicycle accessory manufacturers have a growing market to create innovative products meeting the demands of cyclists.
2. Fashion and Apparel Industry - Fashion brands have opportunities to create stylish cycling clothing and accessories that cater to the functional needs of urban cyclists.
3. Smart Technology Industry - Smart technology companies can develop integrative products that cater to the growing cycling industry.