Men abandon classics in favor of colour to signal confidence in masculinity
Implications - Men are increasingly comfortable with their masculinity, no longer fearing bright colors or prints typically considered feminine. Moving past blacks and browns and into pinks and purples, more men are enjoying dressing flamboyantly and looking at fashion as a form of self-expression.
1. Gender Expression - Men are increasingly comfortable with their masculinity, no longer fearing bright colors or prints typically considered feminine.
2. Customization - Consumers are seeking personalized and unique products, such as hand-painted shoes or sneaker jewelry.
3. Color and Pattern Mash-ups - Shoe brands are experimenting with bold and unexpected color and pattern combinations, such as leopard print with checks and colored back panel.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can create and market gender-neutral and expressive collections and products.
2. Footwear - Shoe companies can offer more personalized and customizable options with hand-painted designs or sneaker jewelry.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can collaborate with shoe brands or offer their custom creations to tap into the trend of customization.