Analog technologies are revived as a backlash to gadget over-saturation
Implications - As technology continues to take large leaps, consumers become wary of gadget over-saturation, resulting in archaic revival. Basic forms of tech, such as projection or sound amplification, are reintroduced into the world of gadgetry. This is a result of the mass desire to revert back to basic, simplistic methods of living.
1. Archaic Revival of Analog Technologies - As consumers become wary of gadget over-saturation, the reintroduction of basic forms of tech, such as projection or sound amplification, presents opportunities for companies to tap into the mass desire to revert back to basic, simplistic methods of living.
2. DIY Customization - Inexpensive and personalized DIY phone customization guides, such as those for Aztec iPhone cases, can provide opportunities for companies to tap into the consumer desire for unique and affordable products.
3. Technology-made Nostalgia - The combination of vintage nostalgia and modern technology, such as with the Bioscope movie projector, creates opportunities for companies to tap into the consumer desire for classic aesthetics with contemporary functions.
1. Consumer Electronics - The reintroduction of basic forms of tech in response to gadget over-saturation presents opportunities for companies in the consumer electronics industry to create innovative devices that balance basic functionalities with modern features.
2. Design and Architecture - Inventive and avant-garde designs, such as the Ceiling Janus double-horn speaker, can present opportunities for companies in the design and architecture industry to create unique and artistic structures that enhance the overall ambiance of creative spaces.
3. Advertising and Marketing - The use of novel and unconventional marketing campaigns, such as Tweet Beyond Borders' tweeting pigeon campaign, presents opportunities for companies in the advertising and marketing industry to experiment with different methods of engaging with consumers and standing out from competitors.
5 Featured, 45 Examples:
326,321 Total Clicks
Jan 13 — Jun 13
Consumer Insight Topics: