The Utrem Lux collection doesn't mark the first time a glass bottle has been repurposed as a piece of furniture, but it does mark one of the first times it has been done so tastefully. This is the case because at first glance it is hardly noticeable that the Utrem Lux collection was made using upcycled material.
Designed by Degross Design & Innovation, the Utrem Lux collection focuses on wide and shallow lampshades, which means that the glass had to have been refashioned to a certain extent to achieve this subtle new shape. In addition to that, some of them have been painted over for a more clean and contemporary aesthetic. Nevertheless, all of the pieces in the Utrem Lux collection emit a warm glow.
The Utrem Lux by Degross Design is a Contemporary Upcycled Creation
1. Glass Bottle Upcycling - Opportunity for creating new and innovative products by repurposing glass bottles as furniture or decor.
2. Contemporary Lampshades - Potential for designing wide and shallow lampshades with a modern aesthetic.
3. Upcycled Material Design - The use of upcycled materials in furniture design presents possibilities for eco-friendly and sustainable creations.
1. Furniture Design - Incorporating glass bottle upcycling into furniture design can offer unique and eco-conscious pieces.
2. Lighting Industry - Exploring the production of contemporary lampshades can bring fresh and stylish lighting options to the market.
3. Sustainable Design - The concept of upcycled material design can be applied across various industries for environmentally-friendly product development.