If you were lucky enough to have a tree house as a kid, then these high-tech urban tree houses will be a wonderful trip down memory lane.
The eco-friendly urban tree houses are a concept design by Invisible Structures, a design firm that has been working on ecological architecture and the Eden Project for years now. They have even worked with Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter on several projects. For this specific project, what sets the urban tree houses apart from other designs is the fact that they're designed to be seamless with green space in the surrounding area. The structures are also made with biothermal materials to minimize or even eliminate the carbon footprint of their construction. Since the urban tree houses would be suspended from branches, they become useable for extra seating for outdoor concerts and events without overcrowding the actual setting. Invisible Structures is currently working on putting out some of the urban tree houses in London parks.
These High-Tech Tree Houses Bring Green Shelter to Urban Areas
1. Eco-friendly Architecture - There is a growing demand for eco-friendly buildings that are constructed with materials that minimize or eliminate their carbon footprint.
2. Urban Green Spaces - More cities are looking for innovative solutions to incorporate green spaces into urban areas to promote sustainability and environmental health.
3. Sustainable Design - There is a trend towards sustainable design that takes into account the environmental impact of materials and construction methods.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry has an opportunity to create eco-friendly buildings that promote sustainability and incorporate green spaces into urban areas.
2. Event Planning - Event planners can utilize eco-friendly urban tree houses as an additional seating option for outdoor concerts and events without overcrowding the actual setting.
3. Sustainable Materials - The development and manufacturing of sustainable building materials is an industry that can benefit from the growing demand for environmentally conscious construction methods.